Welcome to our new listeners on the NORML Network. We’re airing at Mondays at 8pm PST and you can find the Network at live.norml.org. We have to cut the show short to fit the one-hour time block, so check out the full show on iTunes or on our web site at CannabisAgenda.com.
QUESTIONS/COMMENTS FROM LISTENERS:
- Mike lets us know that a Texas prosecutor says Willie Nelson could plead guilty to possession, pay a $100 fine, and play a courtroom performance of his 1975 hit “Blue Eyes Cryin’ in the Rain” as his community service. The Judge gets wind of this suggestion and is NOT too thrilled about it. [link]
- Thanks Denton for the writeup from the High Times Doobie Awards
- Blake calls in to ask what’s the loophole that allows states to legalize pot even if it’s not legal federally. [call]
- Shakedown sends a link to a story regarding cannabis lobbying on Capitol Hill that we’ll discuss later in the show.
- Several weeks back Sean emailed us asking what are some of the negative connotations associated with cannabis that people draw over from smoking tobacco?
ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH - COLORADO/MONTANA NEWS (IDAHO?)
- Senate approved the repeal bill, which is now headed to the Governor’s desk [clip]
- Senate has also passed a new bill SB 423 which would impose serious restrictions on the industry and reduce the number of cardholders from the present 30,000 to under 2,000. [clip]
- Montana man faces life in prison over 3 grams of pot [clip]
- Colorado dispensary selling joints for Japan
- National Cancer Institute adds marijuana as possible treatment option for not only symptom management but also for its possible anti-tumor effect [clip]
- MMJ sales reach reach $1.7 billion annually [clip]
- Medical marijuana featured on daytime TV show “Dr. Oz” with guest Montel Williams [clip]
- Pot Politics on Capitol Hill
- The National Voice for the Cannabis Industry
BUT IS IT SOPHISTICATED?
POT IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST
- House panel approves Illinois medical marijuana legislation
- Illinois geniuses kill state hemp legislation
- Official Illinois Bill Status Here and Here,
- Lawsuit filed over New Mexico licensing of dispensaries [clip]
- Official medical marijuana rules finalized in Arizona
FROM THE RESEARCH BIN